John Singer Sargent

Today I wanted to talk about one of my favorite painters: John Singer Sargent
John Singer Sargent was an American painter who mainly is known for his portraits. What I really love about him is that he can paint really realistically but still let everything have a romantic slightly fairy tale like feeling. I could obviously tell you something about his life and work and blablabla but that would literally all come from Wikipedia so if you're interested in that you can google it yourself. But I thought I would show you some work of him, these are also all from Wikipedia, but they do really give you a good view of what he did. I once heard someone say "I want to look how a John Singer Sargent painting makes you feel", and I think that captures it perfectly for me. So here are some paintings done by him:
 



Reacties

Populaire posts