My story: We Are Not The Aliens

As some of you might know I love writing stories, this is the first chapter of one of them, enjoy.
"Run! Katherine don't you just stand there, run!" my brother shouts at me. I only hear him half. How can I just run away from my home planet, all my memories are here, this is the place were I grew up, my mom... My mom just got killed my one of the invaders of another planet. Those aliens...
I remember the one time our leader decided it was a good idea to attack another planet, he thought maybe our pearols could live there. These are the people of our planet who do all the thinking for us, they make the big decisions. It was clear the attack plan wasn't made by them, but our army attacked that planet, my dad was with them. I remember him coming home and telling us that those people said "Aliens were attacking them". How stupid, we aren't the aliens, they are. My dad died a couple of days later, because the aliens hit him with some kind of outer space weapon.
I don't know why I'm thinking about this right now, my brother is right, I should run for my life. I look around me, everything I loved has been destroyed, my house, my school, my home. I try to look at Dave's house, to see if he's still there, but there are so many people, I can't see anything. I just hope he's alright. When my brother starts to pull my arm I start running, we're running towards our cabin, made for these situations. My mom never trusted the cabins made by the government, so she made her own, in the woods. I hope it's still there, but I guess it is, because mom always made sure it was hidden so no one else would find it when we if we would ever need it. When we arrive there isn't anyone. When we sit down my brother starts to shout at me.

"Are you insane?! You were just standing there for forever, you could have been killed!"
"I'm sorry." I say.
"Yeah, you better be! Well at least we're save now."
After he said that we are both silent. I know we are thinking the same thing. What is save when your planet is being attacked by some sort of aliens. We don't know if they will ever leave again. We have food here for about a week and some stuff to drink, but we will eventually need some drapen from the river...

I wake up from a loud noise, my brother is awake too, I look at him and he has the same scared expression on his face as me. We slowly crawl to the back of the cave. I grab his hand and hold on to it like these could be our last moment. Outside we hear people talking, it sounds like they're in a rush but I can't hear what they're saying. "Kath, I think they are coming our way." 

"Yeah no shit SherIock, can hear that too." I say. I don't mean to be rude, but he can be so obvious. Kayne looks a little offended but is too scared to really think about it for long. The voices are really close now, I'm getting even more scared. My mom was always really protective and even though I knew there was a change the aliens might find us in here, I thought we were hidden good enough, but it seems like they are on the run for something and they're coming closer and closer... I look at Kayne, it doen't seem like he has an idea of what to do. I'm not sure I should let them in to save them, or keep them outside for our own safety. Maybe if we help them they could help us, or maybe they're even of our own kind. I try to overthink the entire situation in a matter of seconds, then I decide to open the door. Kayne understands what my plan is and he helps me. "Hey!" I shout and the guy, he looks our way. When he sees me he comes running our way, when he's closer I can see he isn't one of our kind, for a second I doubt whether I should close the hatch again or just leave it, in the end, he has already seen us so there's no use hiding again. I can't see anyone else, but in the distance I hear more men closing in, I really hope the guy is in time, I don't really feel like having more visitors. The guy climbs in side and while I close the hatch up again I can see his pursuers coming trough the trees. When the hatch has been fully closest up we all sit down."Thanks a lot for saving me." The stranger says. "No problem.'' I say. "We all have to help each other. My name is Katherine and this is Kayne." The stranger smiles at us. "My name is Imanino." After that we're all sitting in the cabin. "Ehm, I'll get us some hot drapen." I say while standing up, this whole 'sitting and starring' situation is a little too awkward for my liking. I'm not really in a rush to make the hot drapen. I wonder what we will do after this. Maybe the new guy can be helpful, he is one of them. If he really wants to stay with us we can force him to get us some drapen from the river. I've heard that there are other planets where they have "water" in their rivers, I heard it a transparant liquit. Drapen is the opposide, it is a liquit, but a lot thicker and black. I always wanted to travel to different planets to see how they live and to see "water", but right now I just want to get rid of those nasty aliens and be save again. At moments like this I miss my dad the most...

While making the hot drapen I hear the boys talk, I glance at them and I see the stranger looking at me. I quickly look away. After a couple of seconds I look again, he's having a pretty intense conversation with Kayne I see. To be honest the stranger isn't ugly, especially for an alien. It's just weird that he has such pinkish skin tone and such a small nose! How could anyone even breath through that? I giggle when I think about it and the stranger looks up, right in my eyes. He has eyes like I've never seen, they are so intens blue, like I've never seen. I don't think I could even describe the colour, it's a bit like the flowers in our backyard, no our old backyard. It makes me sad to think that they would be no way to even ever show him the flowers. I have no idea for how long we've been staring into each others eyes when I hear Kayne say something. "Ehm... Kat.. Have you finished the hot drapen yet?" In that moment I'm pulled out of the trance I was in. I quickly walk over to the boys. "I'm sorry." I laugh a little awkward. "The leaves had to sit in the drapen for a while." I see that Kayne saw what had happend, but he doesn't say anything. "I'm just gonna sit in the back." I say. Kayne nods, it's been a long day. I walk to the back with my tea and sit down on my "bed". Mom has made it so we could live here when something like this would ever happen, it's almost like she expected this to happen. I've been thinking for a while when Kayne walks over. "What do you think we should do with him?" He asks me while looking at the stranger. He has fallen asleep, but not quit yet. "I don't know, he hasn't done us any harm.. Yet." I say. I look at Kayne and see that he thinks the same: what if he kills us while we're asleep. "I guess we'll just have to trust him." I say. "I ain't gonna stay up all night to keep an eye on him." "No me neither." Kayne says. I lay down and Kayne walks over to the stranger. "I guess you can sleep over here if you want, but if you'd like an actual bed, you could sleep over there." I see him point at moms bed, I guess she won't be coming, at least not tonight. I guess we'll have to figure out what to do tomorrow...
The next morning when I wake up I look around, I remember the stranger and look around for him but I can't see him. I look over at Kayne, but he's still sleeping. Because I don't want to wake him up I get out of bed to check for the guy. He's nowhere to be seen, at this point I'm a little pissed; we let him into our shelter and he just leaves without sating anything?! I wanna go look for him outside but I'm to scared, while I'm contemplating going outside and getting angrier and angrier the stranger comes back. When he sees me he looks shocked. I'm about to scream at him when we hear a loud noise outside. Kayne jumps out of his bed and the stranger puts his hand over my mouth so I can't scream. Quickly I shake his hand of and look at him angrily. "Come. "Kayne says and the three of us walk to the back of the cabin where we sit in silence. "I..." the stranger starts but Kayne shuts him up. "We don't have time for excuses right now." After a couple of minutes everything seems quiet again and we get back to the living room area. "So where were you?" Kayne asks the stranger. I'm glad he asks because I'd probably scream at him. "I was looking for my family." He says while looking at the ground. My expression softens. "I understand you're worried, but we're all being looked for, if one of us is caught we're all in trouble." I say. He nods his head. "Did you find them?" I ask hoping if he found his family I might find Dave. He looks at me: "I'm sorry I didn't see anyone." I see the pain in his eyes and try to hide my tears, I don't even know if any of my friends are still alive and where they could possibly be. I walk to my bed and lay down. "Well there isn't much we could do, I'm starving though so we do have to get some food soon." I hear the boys laugh, we could have been stuck with someone much worse than Imanino.
Wanna know how it continuous? Follow me on Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/booksnerdspotter
Get cozy x

Reacties

Populaire posts