Spoiler free review: Of Beast And Beauty

“Beauty is wherever you find it, and Beast is there when you need to defend it.” 
Of beast and beauty tells the secret of Isra, she lives in one of the once many domed cities. The is the princess of this city but she doesn't know anything about her people, her father always told her she was tainted. Outside of the dome live the Monstrous, mutant beasts who are nothing but wild creatures, and Isra has some of that in her blood which makes her tainted. She will die for her city when the time is there, but everything changes when one of the Monstrous, Gem, tries to to steal the roses, gets captured and Isra begins to care for him..

I did enjoy this book, I had quite a tough time getting into it, but when I did I really enjoyed this beauty and the beast retelling. I think the story line is very interesting and even though some elements are very basic dystopian I still think it's a very unique kind of dystopian world. I love both Gem and Isra as characters. An element this story tells very interestingly is how much your upbringing influences how you percieve other people. The Monstrous hate the people in the cities and the people in the cities hate and at the same time are terrified of the Monstrous, but throughout the book you find out they aren't that different and that is an element I really enjoyed. I did find some parts to take a little long and therefor I don't give it 5 stars, but I would really recommend this book!

Reacties

Populaire posts