my surgery tips

Almost 5 months ago I had knee surgery and today I wanted to share with you some of the things I learned in this period.
1. Make sure you bring your phone and headphones, omg, if you are anything like me you don't want to talk to the other people in your room. I actually prayed I got a one person room (there were one, two and four people rooms) and I got a four people room, so yeah I did not enjoy that. But because I had my phone and headphones (and my room had a Ipad for everyone) I didn't really have to talk to anyone and I could just zone out while I was in pain.
2. Have some easy and ready to go meals at home. The first day when I was home I barely came out of bed and because we had some meals ready I didn't have to make anything.
3. Stock on loads of fruits and other healthy snacks. When you get surgery everyone is gonna give you chocolate, and even though it's delicious when you can't really move and work out for a couple of months it's not great to have all of these unhealthy snacks. I am personally a huge fan of grapes and nuts and these are just very convenient snacks and they are healthy. So stock on some healthy stuff you like.
4. Prepare to not be able to do much for at least three months. This is obviously very different for every surgery and I would recommend asking your doctor what he/she expects but just prepare for that, because it is gonna suck. I love going to the forest in my weekend and I cycle to school everyday, I take dancing classes etc., none of these things were possible during this period which just sucks, so prepare for that.
5. Have you friends come over. When you can't go out you tend to give up on doing anything fun, but just having a movie/board game night with your besties is also so much fun. So just have you friend(s) come over and do fun stuff at home.
6. And last but not least is a scar tip. Many people believe vitamin E works really well with having your scars heal nicely. I obviously am not sure it does, because I can't really test it but I'd say try it. You can buy capsules of vitamin E and just cut them open and spread it over your scars or they also make vitamin E lotions, I got mine from the plastic surgery part of the hospital, but just ask around and see what you'll find.

So that's all!
I get that every surgery is different and maybe this tips aren't useful for you and your surgery at all. That is why I would always recommend talking to your doctor about what he thinks.
All in all if you have surgery anytime I wish you the best and good luck (I would say break a leg, but maybe don't if you already need surgery, sorry bad jokes)

xxx

















Reacties

Populaire posts