spoiler free review: call me by your name

"Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine"
Call me by your name tells the story of Eli. He and his parents live and a vila in Italy for the summer, a place where he reads books, transcribes music, swims in the river and goes out at night. But everything changes when the American Oliver comes to help his Eli's father. Eli's summer starts to be way different from anything he ever expected when he falls in love with Oliver.

I absolutely adore this movie. I don't even know what to say. The way of filming is very different to most films, it has a artsy feel (I don't know either), which I love. I think the story builds up very nicely and you really get to know the characters. I think Eli and Oliver are portrait very well and throughout the movie they progress very much; they clearly are different people at the end of the movie compared to the beginning, I really like that. The movie is quite slow, but I think it works for the movie, it adds to the chill summer vibe. The story not being a basic sexuality movie is just perfect.
The story of two guys coming to terms with their sexuality, I would highly recommend you watching it.

xxx

Reacties

Populaire posts