spoiler free review: the midnight dance

"when the music stops the dance begins"


the midnight dance tells the story of Penny, a 17-year-old girl who lives at the best dancing school of Italy The Grand Theatro where the mysterious Master leads the girls. it's the only life Penny has ever knows and together with eleven other girls she is training to become the best. but when memories of another life start to appear she starts doubting everything she knows. can she trust Master? and does she have any familie left outside of the school?


I absolutely adore the cover, the book on the other hand was a big disappointment. as a dancer (not professional) I love reading books where dancing is a big theme and the storyline of this book is amazing. yet for some reason I just wasn't enjoying it. this book had all the elements to be amazing; dancing, a creepy manipulator, a love story and many thrillery elements, but it just wasn't there. I really don't know what to say, it was just such a let down, the concept of Masters plan is so amazingly creepy, I did have such high hopes. so there were elements I liked; Master is an incredibly interesting character, I liked Penny, I really felt for her, and Cricket is such a cutie (for the longest time I wasn't sure if he was a boy or girl).
for anyone who did read the book, how about a Cricket and Master love story? I'm up for that.

so all in all I would actually not recommend this book, I always feel bad for saying this, but I just didn't like it so...














Reacties

Populaire posts