spoiler free review: the upside of unrequited

“I want to know what it feels like to have crushes that could conceivably maybe one day turn into boyfriends.” 

this is the story of Molly, who has never had a boyfriend. she's had crushes, many crushes, but boyfriends no. her sister Cassie always gets the girl she likes and while Molly tries to stay careful her lovesick sister tries to go out with a cute girl they met at a club. Cassie’s new girlfriend comes with a cute hipster-boy sidekick. Will is funny and flirtatious and just might be perfect crush material. and maybe even more. there’s only one problem: Molly’s coworker Reid. he’s an awkward Tolkien superfan with a season pass to the Ren Faire, and there’s absolutely no way Molly could fall for him. right?

I absolutely adored this book, the story line is so cute, Molly is so relatable and the characters are just amazing. I just had one problem with it, which is the problem I have with a lot of teen love stories; Molly is so freaking desperate to get a boyfriend, she's so ashamed of never having had a boyfriend and she has to have a boyfriend. she is 17 years old... girl why are you so desperate. I never really like this because I feel like you make people feel like you have to have a boyfriend/girlfriend when you are like 15 otherwise you are crazy and something is wrong with you. I absolutely loved the story and I don't wanna hate on it, but I'd love to see some more stories about both guys and girls who are a little less desperate for love.

All in all I would definitely recommend this story, it's so cute and yeah just a really cute contemporary novel.

Reacties

Populaire posts